About Our Church
Our mission is to be a loving, thriving Christian community, spreading the love of Christ, where all are welcome.
- To connect with and serve the community of West Acton
- To nurture and support our young people and to help them grow in faith
- To grow as disciples of Christ through inspiring worship, prayer and faith development
- To care for and support each other on our journey of faith
St Martin's Church was built to serve the new and growing population developing in West London as a result of the extension of the Piccadilly Line westwards during the latter part of the 19th century. The church was consecrated on St Martin's Day, 11th November 1906 by Bishop Arthur Foley Winnington-Ingram, Bishop of London from 1902 to 1938. During the 1930s, vestries were added to the building, and during the 1960s a hall and church flat were added.